Rocky's Harley Davidson
- Name: ROCKY'S HARLEY-DAVIDSON
- Location: London, ON
- Delivery Method: Design-Build
- Sector: Commercial
- Sub Sector: Retail
- Status: Completed
- Completion Date: September 2002
- Size: 24,100 sq. ft.
In 1945 London’s first Harley-Davidson dealership was opened. Ten years later the dealership was sold to Roscoe Robb and the ‘Rocky’s’ dealership was born and in 1996, thirty one years after being founded, the current owner took over the dealership.
Having outgrown their facility on Wharncliffe Road, Rocky’s looked to expand their customer service and sales facility to a new prominent position within the City eventually securing a half acre site overlooking the 401 Highway at Wellington Road.
The new facility features a seven thousand square foot service garage, service reception and wash bay, a seven thousand square foot sales floor for motorcycles and apparel. The remaining ground floor comprises offices, staff areas, customer lounges, and parts department The seventy one hundred square foot precast concrete mezzanine is separated into three areas for sales storage and winter storage of customer bikes.
The exterior of the building has a split face masonry dado to nine feet high and is clad to the parapet with pre-stained twelve inch board boarding.
The interior customer areas also feature an extensive use of masonry and wood veneers, suspended decorative wood gables and with exposed feature concrete floors interspersed with hardwood flooring.